Cryotherapy is the use of extreme cold in surgery to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue. It can be used for sun spots, moles, warts and skin tag removal.
- The skin can be red and tender straight after treatment. This can last up to 24hrs
- Swelling of the treated area is very common and will reduce in 24hrs
- The skin can be sensitive, avoid touching the lesion
- Both hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation may occur, generally it can last a few months, but could be longer lasting.
- Typically, it leaves the least amount of scarring of any form of lesion removal because it causes the least amount of damage to the connective tissues, however depending on the lesion mild scarring can happen
- Blistering is very common and can persist for up to 5 days. After it scabs over the lesions, healing will all depend on how deep the wound is. Healing will occur from 2-6 weeks.
- If the blister pops, use antibiotic cleaning solutions and ointments to reduce any infections. You can also cover the area with a bandage.
- Avoid any heat treatment such as; Saunas, Steam or excessive exercise.
- Apply SPF50/ No UV exposure